EASY SPINACH FETA SALAD
- 2 cups Baby Spinach leaves (fresh)
- 1 Small Kumara (roasted)
- Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Basil Pesto
- 3 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds (roasted)
- 1 Tbsp Feta (crumbled)
- 4-5 Cherry Tomatoes cut in halves
- Your choice of Quinoa or Brown rice (1/2 Cup)
- Sprouts to garnish
- Peel and cut kumara, drizzle over a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on an oven tray and roast for 15 minutes at 175 degrees. To roast the pumpkin seeds I added them to the kumara tray 5 minutes before taking it out of the oven.
- Prepare all other ingredients while the kumara is cooking. Mix the spinach leaves in a big bowl with the basil pesto and crumbled feta. Add tomatoes and rice. (I use pre prepared rice cups from the supermarket).
- Pour salad into a serving bowl. Lay kumara over top and sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds. Add sprouts. Season and serve immediately.
Please note - you can add a protein to the salad if you want to add some meat. Salmon and chicken work really well. For an added kick a squeeze of lemon juice is nice. If you find it hard to get the time to cook this it can be prepared the day before and kept in the fridge. Great as a light dinner in summer.